The timeline of Sonny Perdue's rain-prayer, however, is quite funny:
1. Georgia is in severe drought
2. Governor Perdue decides to pray for rain on Tuesday
3. Forecast called for rain Tuesday
4. Prayer service goes ahead as planned
5. Skies completely clear up immediately following prayer service
6. No rain
Maybe God doesn't like ostentatious displays of religiosity? Or maybe he just doesn't like Sonny Perdue?
PS: I was going to tag this post "climate", but then had to correct myself and write "weather", as the former would have been technically inaccurate. Score one for my Conservation Biology course!