Thursday, January 03, 2008

I Voted Today!

You Iowans think you've got all the attention. Well I voted in the special election to fill Minnesota's 25th State Senate seat. And with one precinct reporting, my candidate, Kevin Dahle is winning with a whopping 60% of the vote (out of 23 cast).

His Republican opponent, Ray Cox, is reasonably moderate. In fact, I almost voted for him in 2004 -- I was undecided until I was in the voting booth. He does, however, have a significant tendency to talk about moderation on election day far more than he walks it in office. (he was our State Representative until -- in a major upset -- he was knocked off by David Bly in 2006 by less than 50 votes).

And believe it or not, this race actually matters. The 25th is a competitive district, and a Democratic win would give them a veto-proof majority in the state senate (something Republican Governor Tim Pawlenty does not want to have to deal with).

Yes, I will be updating this race too throughout the night.

No comments: