Happy birthday to this blog, which just turned seventeen years old today!
In that time, I have ...
- earned four degrees (B.A., J.D., M.A., Ph.D.)
- lived in eight cities (and ten different apartment buildings, not including dorms)
- taught at three universities (Illinois, Berkeley, and DePaul) in two different departments (law and political science)
- held two non-academic full-time jobs and three non-academic summer jobs
- had one girlfriend/wife (yup -- while I had some high school girlfriends, she's the only person I dated from the time this blog started to present)
And after so much flux and turmoil ... I have just officially begun as an assistant professor at Lewis & Clark Law School! So following a move to one last city, this list should stabilize significantly over (knock on wood) the next seventeen years.