Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hockey Heartthrobs

Greetings, boys and girls. I'm still settling in here at Carleton, so no major blogging yet. The trip in to Minnesota was slightly delayed and generally annoying, but otherwise uneventful. After I got to college, I hung out with some friends and generally frolicked. Nothing too crazy.

I did, however, want to share something from the copy of "The Hockey News" I read on the plane. I am, as you may know, a bit of a fan of the sport. However, this issue, I discovered 33,000 feet in the air, was their attempt at a "humor" addition. Not a particularly successful attempt either. The worst consistent mistake was that many of their anecdotes and jokes were repeated throughout the issue as if new. But the most amusing discrepancy came in their description of semi-star Mike Ricci. See if you can spot the difference.
A heartthrob to women in Denver for his Italian bad boy looks, Ricci was getting hit on one night at a Denver bar... [pg. 80]

and
Gap-tooth with scraggly long hair and a busted-up schnoz, ex-Sharks forward Mike Ricci isn't exactly a supermodel...[pg. 117]

Arghh! Fact-check, fact-check!!!!

No comments: