Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fatal Furies, Take Two

Jesus, this wasn't a one-off? CNN's Erick Erickson gets in on the "it's the ladies fault" action for why the U.S. is in Libya:
ERICKSON: By the way, it's the women's fault. … It's, apparently, the women in the Obama administration who have decided we needed to go to war in Libya. … This is typical. This is so typ-- i'm mean, I'm going to bring my inner sexist out I'm afraid tonight, some of you are going to be very upset with me. But this is like women drivers. We're going to war in Libya, we have no plan, we have no map, even if we have a map of war, um, it wasn't going to get read, they were going to pull over and ask the French apparently for help, or at least make the guy pull over and ask the French for help. This is crazy.
[...]
This is just silly. I mean, back-seat driving by the women, and they're gonna get Barack Obama lost. What is it with Barack Obama caving to the women? I mean, now we know who rules his personal life. I guess Michelle is firmly in charge as well, if Barack Obama is going to cave that easy to three women in his administration over what to do with Libya.
[...]
It took the women to get him involved, and the women apparently went in without a clear plan. No shopping list.

Unbelievable.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

He clearly has not heard the joke about Moses: Why did the children of Israel wander in the desert for 40 years? Because Moses, being a man, refused to ask for directions.

chingona said...

I like the idea of the Secretary of State as a backseat driver. I'm disappointed, though, that he didn't come right out and call Obama a mangina.