Friday, June 24, 2011

New Computer

I just got a new computer (a Dell XPS 15). Right now, I'm at the nexus of two independently aggravating stages: (1) Getting used to all the newness (e.g., Windows 7) and (2) migrating everything over from the old computer to the new one.

Also, at the risk of jumping the gun since I've literally had this thing open for all of 20 minutes, it doesn't seem noticeably faster than my three year old Latitude D630. And, more inscrutably, it appears to only have two USB ports (the Latitude has 4). Which, okay, I rarely ever use more than two, but still.

1 comment:

Solomon Kleinsmith said...

It's probably got a ton of bloatware on it. Get rid of everything that starts up with the computer but malware/virus software and always tell software to not run in the background when you aren't using it. If it's a new computer running W7, it should be speedy.