Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Exception That Proves The Idiocy of the Exception

Pajamas Media actually found someone dumb enough to say that "all criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic". This, of course, makes my life slightly more difficult, as normally when someone whines that "all criticism of Israel is labeled anti-Semitic", I can rejoin that nobody, actually, believes that. Now I have to amend that to say "nobody outside some random internet yahoos believes that". So, you know, not too much of a retreat, but not one I'm keen to make.

The good news, such as it is, is that even the PJ Media commenters seem to view this as a bridge too far. Oh, and we might note again that under this ... expansive ... definition of anti-Semitism, essentially every right-wing Zionist is an anti-Semite, as they have no qualms about criticizing Israel decisions they find disagreeable. Oh, but wait -- it's impossible to be a bad right-wing Zionist. Silly me.

No comments: