* Columbia University, B.A., 1973; J.D., 1976
* Department of Justice, Public Integrity Section, 1976 - 1988
* Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 1988 - 1993 (nominated by Reagan)
* U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, 1993 - 1997 (appointed by Clinton)
* Deputy Attorney General of the United States, 1997 - 2001 (nominated by Clinton)
* Acting Attorney General of the United States, 2001 (until confirmation of John Ashcroft as Attorney General)
* Partner, Covington & Burling, 2001 - present
I'm voting for affirmative action, personally. But seriously, congratulations are in order for Mr. Holder.
While we're on the subject of Obama legal appointments, congratulations to Greg Craig, who will be named White House Counsel. Craig, who represented Bill Clinton in his impeachment hearings, is currently a partner at Williams & Connolly, where I worked in the summer and winter of 2005. While Mr. Craig obviously would not remember me, in a victory for class solidarity, I actually don't remember him either. Take that, Mr. Big Shot!