Monday, March 30, 2009

First Day Back Roundup

I was a responsible law student today. I got all my books, ran necessary errands, went to the grocery store, and finished my reading early. And I still had time to go out to dinner and go to the pub.

Winslow Robertson, guest-blogging at post-bourgie, on why he doesn't like the "Blackademy".

Howard Jacobson writes on the rise in UK anti-Semitism. He also adds something important: regardless of whether it actually is or is motivated by "Jew-hating" "The inordinacy of English Israel-loathing--ascribing to a country the same disproportionate responsibility for the world's ills that was once ascribed to a people--is toxic enough in itself."

Why is the mainstream/right Jewish establishment so spooked by J Street? Honestly, I didn't know they were. Matt Yglesias and Ezra Klein have more.

Do we need another anti-racism 101? The issue is being discussed over at Alas.

My college friend Moshe Lavi (an Israeli citizen from Sderot) makes the case for taking Yisrael Beiteinu's plan seriously.

Publius argues a) Barack Obama's economic recovery plan is not unconstitutional and b) conservatives are hypocritical for suggesting it is.

Meanwhile, Rick Hills wonders why conservatives like the non-delegation doctrine (the linchpin of the conservative argument for why Obama's plan does violate the constitution) in the first place.

No comments: