Sunday, May 28, 2006

Frist Has It Right

Let's just say it. Bill Frist has the right line on the FBI's raid of Congressman William Jefferson's office. Congressmen are not above the law, and while I think that context is critical, I see no real plausible way that this act in these circumstances breached either the separation of powers, or the speech and debate clause.

Hastert (and Pelosi too) is egomaniacal to the extreme by protesting this. As a great anonymous wit put it, for congress, "WARRANTS: Not good enough for us, too good for you."

1 comment:

The Boy said...

That's a good quote...I like that. And I agree that Pelosi's got no leg to stand on here. I am pleased with her about 15% of the time, but she lets me down horribly the rest of the time. My idea of one-term limits for everybody just looks better and better...