Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kettle Endorses McCain

Got to love this:
Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter and member of the Democratic National Committee’s Platform Committee, will endorse John McCain for president on Wednesday, her spokesman tells CNN.
[...]
In an interview with CNN this summer, Forester did not hide her distaste for eventual Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

"This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don't like him," she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. "I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him."

Forester is the CEO of EL Rothschild, a holding company with businesses around the world. She is married to international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild. Forester is a member of the DNC's Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York.

But Obama's the elitist. Mmmhmm. Well then. I'll look on the bright side -- having idiots like Lynn Forester de Rothschild cut their ties to the Democratic Party is not exactly the worst electoral outcome I can imagine.

1 comment:

PG said...

Someone who married a literal aristocrat -- that's Lady de Rothschild to you -- is calling "elitist" on a man whose mother briefly was on food stamps. I think she just one-upped McCain.