Monday, October 27, 2008

Stevens Guilty On All Counts

The prosecution did its level best to botch the case, but nonetheless a jury has found Alaska Senator Ted Stevens guilty on all seven counts of his federal corruption trial.

Sen. Stevens indicated that he will seek a new trial. My guess is that the amount of screw-ups in the prosecution's handling of the case will, at the very least, keep them tied up in appeals for years. Even still, this is hardly good news for his re-election chances.

2 comments:

Julia said...

This might sound so dumb, but when I heard this on the radio the thing that shocked me was that Ted Stevens is 84. I had just never known that before...

I want to be in the national news when I'm 84, even if it's for federal corruption charges!!

David Schraub said...

I recommend killing all your family members. That'll do it.