Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Days Are Just Packed

It was a busy day today.

I had two classes (my Contemporary Jewish Theology course was canceled for the day). That lasted until 3:20. I met with my philosophy professor/boss after that class, until 4:00. Here's how the day progressed from there:

4:00 - 5:00: Discussion about the Conservative Jewish ruling on homosexuality at Reynolds (Jewish Interest) House.

5:00 - 6:00: Shabbat services.

6:00 - 7:30: Dinner with the Muslim students in celebration of Eid.

7:30 - 8:45: Nap.

9:00 - 12:00: Hockey game (Carleton beats Northwestern Bible College 8-5).

12:30 - 2:30: Movie (Eurotrip--by the way, Scotty Doesn't Know is an awesome song).

2:30 - 3:30: Discussion on various themes.

The irony is that there was a massive amount of path dependency there. The only things planned on doing in that set were classes, the homosexaulity ruling meeting, and the hockey game. Everything else was just following naturally what was going on before. I couldn't just walk out of Reynolds House as the service was starting, so I stayed for that. Then I felt guilty about abandoning them for dinner, so I attended (Kabob--yum). The folks who drove me home from the hockey game (because the bus was late) were friends, so I hung out on their floor to watch the movie and discuss the discussion.

Not too interesting. But there you go.

I should also note that said Philosophy Professor, when challenged on the merits of the movie Eragon (it linked to the class discussion--don't ask), responded simply: "It has a blue dragon!"

Game, set, and match.

No comments: