We missed parts of Mad Men last night (a thunderstorm caused the signal to cut out), but I think I got most of the important parts. Scattered thoughts:
* It was maybe a season and a half too late for maximum schadenfreude, but Pete Campbell got punched in the face! Repeatedly!
* Though Pete has been improving as a character, said schadenfreude was nonetheless amplified by his seeming retrogression this episode into the old, whiny, entitled Pete of yore.
* If you're going to get busted for adultery, chewing gum on your pubes has got to be one of the more bone-headed ways to be caught. If I'm the wife I'm equally offended for having a spouse that stupid.
* While Pete was getting punched, I couldn't help but think "Connor wouldn't have put up with this." Connor also would have never lusted after that high school senior (way, way too young).
* Why isn't Kenny a writer? Is he any good at being an accounts guy? Jill says he's not, as we don't see him bringing in any new business, I say that you also don't see any of his accounts disintegrating into ashes due to his own inattentiveness.
* When Joan was consoling Lane in his office, I shouted at the screen "Oh my God marry Joan your marriage is terrible anyway and she's single!" Immediately afterwards he kissed Joan, and I yelled "What are you doing, don't listen to me my advice sucks!"
* Pete Campbell got punched in the face!