Just because essentially nobody can read it is no excuse for dispensing with tradition. It's my new year's resolutions for 2013! Previous installments can be found here. And as always, we start with evaluating my performance vis-a-vis last year's list:
Met: 1 (several times over!), 2, 3, 4 (not yet, anyway, as far as I know), 5, 6, 7, 9 (just this past weekend!), 10, 11, 14.
Missed: 8, 15.
"Well, technically I met this....": 12, 13.
Unfortunately, despite a frankly superb showing by the numbers, number 8 looms quite large and casts a big shadow over the rest of the list. So I come into the new year more demoralized than I can remember in some time. But it's the sort of thing I'll have to just push through. It will come.
Anyway, to the new year's resolutions:
1) Find employment post-clerkship.
2) Be at peace with the employment I have post-clerkship.
3) Move the big screen TV into the living room.
4) Make significant progress on another article.
5) Keep the blog's blood pumping long enough so it can return in full force when the clerkship ends.
6) Feel decently competent in an additional area of law beyond my current specialty.
7) Watch either The Two Towers or Return of the King with Jill.
8) Have people over to watch a boxing event.
9) Present Our Divine Constitution somewhere.
10) Try the cooperative multiplayer in Portal 2.
11) Attend the Carleton Reunion!
12) Crack the 200 follower mark on Twitter.
13) Find my copies of War and XPs and No Cure for the Paladin Blues.
14) Don't be jealous of other people's successes, even when things aren't falling into place for me.