Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Birthday: It's the Final Countdown

Happy birthday to me! I turn 29 today, for what I suspect will not be the last time. I have no real desire to experience being 30, I have to say.

But today has gone great so far. Jill got me a t-shirt featuring some of the best sayings of my internet boyfriend. We went out to lunch and I had a delicious breakfast burrito, then went used book shopping (I got two Emil Fackenheim books and one by Patricia Williams). Then we picked up a smoothie and started walking home, and wouldn't you know it if there is a stormtrooper standing outside a local comic book store. There will be some great pictures of me grinning like an idiot on Facebook soon. Tonight is a steak dinner (not the easiest thing to pull off in Berkeley) with friends, and then we'll probably just chill and binge-watch YouTube videos.

Year 29 is off to a pretty good start.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

And really, 30 isn't so bad.

Tzuzie said...

Happy Birthday, David...I'm 44 years older than you and I can say with complete assurance that you will love 30 and 31 and so on and so forth. But enjoy 29 for a while.