Monday, December 28, 2015

New Year's Resolutions: 2016

It's time for everybody's favorite annual Debate Link feature: New Year's Resolutions! We begin, as we always do, by assessing our performance over the previous year.

Met: 1 (two articles? Try four articles!), 2,  4 (retitled), 7, 8, 9 (by the barest of technicalities), 12, 13, 14.

Missed: 5 (peaked at 11).

Pick 'em: 3, 6, 10, 11 (neither Jill nor I can remember if I bought any new pants).

That's a strong year! Can 2016 top it? That probably depends on how carefully I phrase the resolutions below:

(1) Win a bet on a boxing match.

(2) Successfully teach a course in Energy Law.

(3) Take, or be scheduled to take, at least one subfield examination.

(4) Have a dissertation committee (or have a clear idea of who will be on said committee).

(5) Submit an article to a peer-reviewed journal.

(6) Read a considerable work on Mizrachi Jewish political thought.

(7) Regularly attend law school events and workshops.

(8) Have Dismissal accepted for publication.

(9) Attend a Sharks game with Bay Area friends.

(10) Work on not assuming that, if I am unfamiliar with a person's or group's argument, they must not have one.

(11) Work on listening to and considering arguments that I'd normally not listen to or consider.

(12) Hang or otherwise display my sports memorabilia.

(13) Beat Witcher 3.

(14) Attend a party.

(15) Do some form of stretching, yoga, or physical therapy designed to address my ludicrously tight muscles.

Seems like a good set to me. Happy New Year to all, and here's to 2016!

No comments: