Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Other-Promotion Tuesday!

It's been a busy time as the end of summer approaches -- and I've made my situation worse by pitching a "big media" piece this week -- so instead of writing something myself, I'm going to promote some other voices that I've come across in the past few days that are well worth your attention:
Joseph Timan, an Iraqi Jew currently studying philosophy at University of Birmingham. Follow him on twitter @josephtiman
Stacey Aviva Flint, an African-American Jew from Chicago who is writing on the historical connections between Black Nationalism and Zionism. No twitter feed, but I hope to see some of her stuff soon on bigger Jewish media platforms.
Third Narrative is an organization I've long been a fan of, and recently joined up with in a formal capacity. It brings together progressive scholars and academics who are willing to fight for Israel, for Palestine, for peace -- and against the racism, anti-Semitism, and academic boycotts that are a disservice to that project. If you fall in that category, please do consider joining us as well.
Feel free to other- or self-promote in the comments!

No comments: