2017 edition is here. As a bonus, I've gone back to prior years' posts and added whether I met or missed (or "pick 'em'd") each resolution! This is a feature long requested -- work your way back and relive the memories (this is a work-in-progress).
- Met: 1, 2 (borderline, but let's be glass-half-full), 3, 4 (just came out!), 5, 6 (JTA and Forward), 8, 9(!), 10, 11, 12, 14
- Missed: 13 (kidney stone is gone, but we've got no clear idea of why it formed in the first place), 15
- Pick 'em: 7 (I've been a decently consistent gadfly in the ear of my local ADL representative)
Solid performance! Now for this year:
(1) Get married to Jill. I'm feeling optimistic about this one.
(2) Complete my prospectus.
(3) Publish or have accepted for publication an academic article.
(4) Exercise a non-trivial amount.
(5) Attend a conference I have never attended before.
(6) Present a paper before the Berkeley Law faculty.
(7) Meet with all of my advisers at least once (prospectus defense excluded).
(8) Buy new pants.
(9) Buy new shoes.
(10) Have a successful Bachelor Party.
(11) Find a new steak guy (RIP, former steak guy's cattle ranch).
(12) Finish a draft of "Doctrinal Sunsets" (title subject to change).
(13) Contact an elected official about something.
(14) Contribute to a new cause or charity.
(15) Convert at least one undergraduate student to Political Theory as a discipline.