Everyone's favorite Debate Link tradition, coming to you live from Christmas Day! Here are the 2021 resolutions, and the whole series can be found here. As always, we begin by seeing how last year's resolutions went:
Met: 1 (knock on wood), 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15
Missed: 4, 7, 9, 14, 16
Pick 'em: 8 (no RingFit, but I have been semi-regularly doing sit-ups).
Onwards to 2022!
1) Get any recommended COVID boosters that are released in 2022. (Met)
2) Get a book contract. (Missed -- it's been "under review" for a year and a half!)
3) Submit a sample chapter for the antisemitism textbook. (Missed)
4) Buy a house(!!). (Met!!!)
5) Make a new friend in Portland (if at first you don't succeed...). (Met)
6) Reach a new rating high on Chess.com (current peak rating: 1214). (Met, and how -- a new peak of 1522, over 300 points higher than last year's peak)
7) Go for walks on a semi-regular basis. (Missed)
8) Buy a new video game (not a repurchase of an old game). (Met)
9) Go to a sporting event. (Met)
10) See a sight in Oregon that's not in Portland(Pick 'em -- does Salem count as a "sight"?).
11) Publish another column in The Oregonian. (Missed)
12) Successfully manage an RA. (Met)
13) Visit at least one of the following places: DC, Las Vegas, Bay Area, or Seattle. (Met)
14) Donate to at least one new charity. (Met -- I was actually reminded by this post to donate to the Oregon Jewish Museum!)
15) Go to a local comedy club at least once. (Missed)