It's that time of year: New Year's Resolutions! Here are the lists from 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007. And of course, we begin by evaluating my performance of the previous year's goals.
Met: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (but I overcooked it), 7, 9, 10 (barely), 11, 12.
Missed: 13, 15 (but it wasn't a very good game anyway).
Pick 'em: 5 (I supposed I should never be satisfied with my performance on this one), 8, 14.
Again, I'd say a decent performance! But onward we go, to next year's ambitions:
(1) Succeed as a teacher (Pick 'em)
(2) Get Sticky Slopes published (Missed -- through no lack of effort, unfortunately)
(3) Solidify post-clerkship plans (Missed)
(4) Explore new facets of my love of Jill, and expand the horizons of our relationship (Pick 'em)
(5) Be more appreciative of the things Jill and I already share and adore about each other (Pick 'em)
(6) Enjoy my first foray into being a real adult with a real (well, "real") job (Met)
(7) Make friends in Champaign-Urbana (Met)
(8) Keep track of law school friends, and keep in contact with law school profs, after graduation (Met)
(9) Write at least a full draft of a new law review article (Met)
(10) Link up with the Jewish community in Champaign-Urbana (Missed)
(11) Tolerate awkwardness better (Missed)
(12) Finish law school strong (Met)
(13) Keep the blog posts flowing (but don't let it interfere with #9) (Met)
(14) Visit Carleton (Missed)
(15) Holistically speaking, look back in 2011 and feel content. (Met)