Friday, May 11, 2012

It's Grading Time!

Grading exams. Really, my first time out (obviously I graded last term too, but I only had six students and four of them did reaction papers throughout the term). This, hopefully, explains my silence.

* * *

All-boys Catholic school forfeits league championship rather than play baseball against a (*gasp*) girl.

Shorter Joshua Trevino: Physically assaulting people who look weird is what I look for in a candidate.

Jonah Goldberg is a moron: A closer look.

Out in Florida, one entrepreneur is selling a Trayvon Martin gun range target (George Zimmerman's attorney, unsurprisingly, harshly condemned this).

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) on marriage equality.

1 comment:

PG said...

While I take the overall point about conservatives' gift for looking at any story about a minority being victimized as "really" being about media bias, I suspect this particular tweet -- "I actually feel better about Mitt, knowing he’ll forcibly cut hippies’ hair" -- was a joke. It may have been a joke in poor taste, but among the "South Park" generation of younger Republicans who were not actually alive during the 1960s, there's a sort Cartman-homage claimed hostility toward hippies. I know I sound like every Limbaugh or Ann Coulter defender who insists that liberals just don't "get" that these folks are joking, I do think in a forum like Twitter it's more reasonable to give people the benefit of the doubt.