Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why Give Up Now?

I just got an interesting email from Columbia Law School:
Dear David Schraub:

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We are
excited to report to you that we have received all the required components
of your application and that your file is now complete. We will forward
your file to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate it in the order
in which it was completed. Good luck in the admissions process and we hope
to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2012!

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions

Columbia Law School
Mail Code 4004
435 West 116th Street
New York, NY 10027-7297
Telephone: (212) 854-2670
Fax: (212) 854-1109
E-Mail: admissions@law.columbia.edu

I hate to say it, but I have some disappointing news for Columbia as to the status of my law school admissions decisions....

UPDATE: They just emailed me to say it was a computer glitch (obviously). I wrote back to wish them luck as the acceptance decisions finish out.

Also, now that we're over a year distant, I think I can safely reveal that it was Columbia which asked for my fall term grades several months after receiving my application which included, you guessed it, my fall term grades. This led to a very confused David for awhile.

Astute readers will guess, correctly, that this means NYU was the "already-admitted U" which acknowledged my application and promised a decision by April two weeks after admitting me to their fine school.

I'm so bad at keeping secrets.

1 comment:

PG said...

Over a year since I got my diploma, and I still get the emails about emptying out my locker.