The 2019 resolutions are here, and the series is collected here. But we start with how we performed last year:
Met: 2, 6 (absolutely!), 7, 9 (just a few weeks ago!), 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.
Missed: 1 (it's crawling along), 5, 8, 10.
Pick 'em: 3, 4.
Forward unto the dawn of 2020!
* * *
1) Submit one political theory article to a journal.
2) Complete a draft of a new law review article.
3) Have a complete draft of something that could pass as a dissertation.
4) Become, to my own satisfaction, passably good at Super Mario Maker 2.
5) Travel to one new city I have never been to before.
6) Present at a conference (any field).
7) Regularly do the exercises recommended by my physical therapist.
8) Write at least four articles published in the popular press.
9) Seek out candid career advice from people, even when it hurts your pride to ask.
10) Attend a professional sporting event.
11) Make substantial headway at organizing a conference.
12) See old friends at a time other than the annual new year's get-together.
13) Attend a Jewish event that is not a religious service (Seder not included).
14) Donate to a political candidate who is not running for President.
15) Write an unsolicited note to an academic figure whose work I like just to say I like their work.
16) Unlock my Twitter account.