It's New Years Resolution time! Everyone's favorite annual Debate Link tradition!
Met: 1, 3 (in the nick of time!), 9, 10 (in February!), 14, 15, 16 (and for the happiest of reasons!)
Missed: 2, 4 (got distracted and then our Switch became 100% Animal Crossing), 5 (2020...), 6 (2020...), 8 (can't blame 2020 for this one), 11, 12 (2020!!!), 13 (seriously, 2020 can burn in a fire),
Pick 'em: 7 (I'm being generous)
What will 2021 bring? Will it be better than 2020? It has to be, right?
* * *
1) Survive. Kind of dark, but if ever there was a time that this is a resolution worth making....
2) Get vaccinated. Arguably an auxiliary to #1.
3) Successfully move to Portland.
4) Make a new friend in Portland.
5) See my brother in person before we leave Chicago.
6) Finish a draft of a law review article.
7) Find a restaurant in Portland that can credibly (if perhaps only temporarily) hold down the label of "our favorite spot".
8) Use the RingFit Adventure (or do other forms of exercise, but let's be realistic) semi-regularly.
9) Get a crossword puzzle accepted for publication.
10) Unlock all the characters in Spelunky 2.
11) Begin the processes of revising the dissertation into a book.
12) Confirm you actually have a doctorate.
13) Be scheduled to give a talk at a conference or workshop (not including Loyola).
14) Establish contact with someone connected to the Biden administration.
15) Have an inkling of where you might want to live permanently in Portland
16) Attend a professional sports game in Portland (minor leagues count).